Holiday Break is coming up quickly, here is a list of 3 holiday crafts that are simple and fun to do with your buddy.
- Large marshmallows ( 3 per pop)
- Long lollipop sticks (about 7" long)
- White chocolate candy melts (available at craft or baking shops)
- Mini M&Ms
- Waxed Paper
- Push 3 marshmallows onto the sticks. The stick should come about 3/4 of the way through the top marshmallow (the head), but should not poke all the way through. The marshmallows should be touching each other (no gaps in between). The flat sides should all face up.
- Melt white chocolate according to the package directions in a medium bowl.
- Working quickly, dip marshmallow pops into the white chocolate. The marshmallows need to be completely covered, or they will get hard and yucky. Shake slightly to allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. While the chocolate is still wet, add M&Ms for eyes, nose and buttons.
4. Allow chocolate to set.
Pine Cone Christmas Tree
- Pine Cones
- Acrylic Paint
- Glue Gun
- Pom Poms
This is a great opportunity to go outside with your buddy and collect pine cones. They can be different sizes and shapes and the bigger the better. After you collect the pine cones, follow these easy steps
- Paint the pine cone green.
- Hot glue your tiny pom poms.
You can decorate the tree with other materials you have around the house. For example, white glitter can make for snow in the tree, or a felt circle can be a tree skirt.
Snowman Stick Ornaments
- Popsicle sticks
- Acrylic paint
- Twine or ribbon for hanging
- First paint 4 popsicle sticks white and glue them together. You can add a mini craft stick to the back to help glue them together.
- Paint a mini craft stick black and glue to the top of the snowman. Paint the remaining top black.
- Cut two strips of red glitter paper and add slits to the end. Glue down to make the scarf. Then glue on two small black buttons.
- Make a carrot nose from orange card stock and glue on. Then draw the eyes and mouth with a black sharpie.
- Glue on the snowflake and some twine to the back.