You can do this easy and fun activity with your buddy. Try preparing the color cubes together on Zoom and then when you meet you can test your color cubes on the sidewalk while social distancing.
Plaster of Paris
Tempura Paint Powder
Disposable plastic cups
Wooden sticks for stirring
Plastic zip lock bags
FYI AVOID THE DISPOSING OF PLASTER OF PARIS IN SINKS! IT WILL CLOG YOUR PIPES!
- In the plastic cups, divide the Plaster of Paris mix into the number of colors you plan to make. Follow the directions on the Plaster of Paris packaging in accordance with how much you added to each cup. Use two parts Plaster of Paris to 1 part water.
- Sprinkle in a little tempera paint into each cup and stir until you reach your desired color.
- Put each color into a baggie and snip off one corner of each bag.
- Like piping icing on cupcakes, add random colors into each cube of the mold/s.
- Allow the mixture to harden.
- Gently pop them out.
After you pop them out you can setup a meeting with your buddy and try them out on the sidewalk together while social distancing.