Cooking with your buddy can be a fun and easy activity specially for rainy days! Try these 3 recipes for a fun time in the kitchen!
These cute critters are yummy and easy to make!
1 pack of bread mix
Plain flour for dusting
- Make the bread mixture with the butter following pack instructions. (The amount of butter depends on the bread mix instructions) It’s easiest to use a stand mixer but not difficult to do by hand. Leave the dough to rest for 5 mins, then knead for 5 mins.
- Cut the dough into six pieces. Dust the surface with a little flour and shape each piece into a ball by rolling it between your hand. Now make it hedgehog-shaped by pulling one side out a little and squeezing it gently.
- Put the hedgehogs on a baking sheet, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using kitchen scissors, carefully snip into the dough to make the spikes on the backs of the hedgehogs. Press raisins in for the eyes. Use the almonds for the nose.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are risen and golden. Will keep for two days in an airtight container.
Zoom around the planet with these easy planet cookies!
Cookie Mix ingredients indicated on cookie mix bag
Edible glitter (Optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/170C. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Follow the instructions of the cookie mix.
- Using plain round cookie cutters, cut out circles in different sizes to make the planets.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 mins or the amount stated in cookie mixture. Leave them on the baking sheet for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, start coloring the cookie planets using the icing and food coloring and edible glitter if available
Who doesn't love rainbow food? This smoothie is delicious and fun to make!
Frozen mango or peach
Milk (you can also use almond milk)
- In a blender separately mix the ingredients with desired milk. Add ice to each blend to make sure it’s thick.
- Separate each mix
- Pour one by one in a glass cup. Your rainbow smoothie is ready!
*Tip: To make sure that the mixes aren’t too liquid you can drain them or add more ice. This way you will actually be able to see the separation between the colors.
Make sure to check your buddy’s emergency card for food allergies or restrictions and make sure when using sharp utensils or the oven to ask for help to an adult